SXSW: Swag Edition
SXSW is in full gear and there is an endless supply of swag in the atmosphere – both literally and figuratively speaking. For those who aren’t aware SXSW is a hotbed of free stuff! Companies eager for attention or simply trying to please adoring fans/customers constantly hand out t-shirts, gifts, chotchskies, food, drinks (both alcoholic and non) and overall fun related material.
Below is the top 5 list of all swag related materials I encountered during the trip:
5. Sobe mixed drinks – a great fusion of Sobe drinks with vodka never hurt anybody.
4. Foursquare American Apparel Shirts – high quality tees for all the aspiring mayors out there.
3. Microsoft Snap-On Watches – that classic concept mixed with modern and colorful timepieces.
2. Hipmunk Travel Tags – seriously, who wouldn’t love that little mascot to follow you on your travels?
1. Life-size replica of that Foursquare Gap Advertisement – apparently Dens and Naveen linking arms. Weird.
Honorable mentions include the Google light-up ring, Blizzy QR Coded Shirts, and the SXSW Digital Swag Bag/Give out.